VAPAR is hiring (yes, again)!
We’re looking to hire for a brilliant software Software Engineer/Developer to join our team! If you’ve got a great track record in software engineering and are familiar with Python, Angular and/or web devops, we’d like to meet you!
Who are we?
At VAPAR, we’re creating a smarter way to keep underground pipes in operation, longer. Piped infrastructure around the world needs to be maintained and repaired in a way that removes the need for long, manual and fatiguing tasks.
That’s where we come in.We turn visual data about every-day pipes directly into condition scores so maintenance and repairs happen faster, cheaper and more accurately. It’s that simple.
We do all of our processing on the cloud, and enable our customers to access their data online – this is where you come in. The responsibilities of this role include developing front end and back end product updates, identifying production issues and implementing integrations that meet customer needs.
In this role you’ll get to…
- Develop software to integrate with internal back-end systems
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Implement integrations requested by customers and assist with core development
- Contribute to the ongoing technical support of product releases in production
- Develop and support build pipelines and infrastructure and own your systems in production
- Investigate and resolve technical issues for our customers
- Deploy updates and fixes
On day one we’ll expect you to…
- Consistently write well tested, readable, secure and accessible code
- Deliver high quality systems in technologies including Python Django and Angular 2+
- Have a working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Familiarity with Linux and Azure architecture preferred
- 3+ years work experience in a commercial software engineering role
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering OR equivalent work experience
Added bonuses if you have…
- Experience in DevOps
- Experience scaling web applications (ideally on Azure)
- Experience with UI/UX design
Our team is made up of…
- Fast learners
- Critical thinker/problem solvers
- Values transparency
- Values accountability
- Joining a fast-growing Sydney-based startup at the beginning of our scale-up phase.
- Working in a small team and have a huge impact on the business.
- Gain unparalleled learning opportunities in a fast-paced lean startup
- Great work environment with an experienced, passionate and fun team.
- Work from our amazing office less than 5 mins walk through the park from Green Square station, with showers.
- Flexible work hours
- Opportunity for ESOP