VAPAR’s Amanda Siqueira presenting at Startmate Sydney Demo Day
Startmate – Australia’s version of Y-combinator – is a 12 week intensive program that powers high growth companies to skyrocket their trajectory. With 2 cohorts a year and over 400 applications for each cohort, acceptance to each cohort is highly competitive.
VAPAR was accepted into the 2019 Sydney cohort of Startmate to help the company onboard the right resources, advisors and mentors that could help grow our existing customer base.
In the 12 weeks since starting the program, we have had a 300% increase in sign ups for the platform and begun trials with water utilities and municipalities in 3 Australian states.
The Startmate program includes:
- Introductions to founders, alumni and investors with recent, in-market experience for on-demand, 1:1 operational and general advice – a network for life.
- One week in San Francisco to capital raise, create partnerships or benchmark research for future rounds.
- Investor-ready pitch practice: preparing teams for the full array, from 3-minute elevator pitches, to deeper dives with investors.
- Co-working space with all the other startups in the cohort
- Weekly dinners and fireside chats with mentors and successful founders.
- 1:1 weekly office hours with the Startmate Partners.
- Platform to present to potential investors at a Sydney and Melbourne Startmate Demo Day
For more information about VAPAR’s progress and product, get in touch through our website.