Viewing your results
Using the Analyze table
Results will only appear here once the uploaded CCTV file has completed all stages of processing. If you cannot see your results in the Analyze, check the processing status of your files on the Files page. The processing status definitions can be found in the Processing files section.
Each row of the Analyze table represents the results of a single uploaded CCTV video. The table is automatically populated based on the information shown in the uploaded video. There are also warning indicators that may be shown on the Analyze page as shown in red below.
The meaning of these indicators are given below.
Filtering on Job folders
Using the job folder drop down at the top of the screen, you can select which jobs you want to see files from in the Analyse table.
Searching ad filtering your videos
Using the search box at the top of the table, you can search for any value that is listed in the Analyse table fields. For example, Street, Video name, Asset ID, Date Captured, etc.
Using the “sort by” dropdown above the Analyze table you are able to sort the columns in the table from highest to lowest by selecting an item.
Individual file actions
The Actions provided to the far right of the Analyze table will also assist in viewing your results.
The descriptions of each of the actions shown in the Actions columns are given below.
Reviewing your videos
By default, all videos will start with an “Uploaded” status. This means that the video has not yet been manually checked.
Before marking a particular video status as “Reviewed”, review the analysed frames for the video. Viewing, filtering and editing of the analyzed frames can be done using the instructions in Reviewing Analyzed Data – the frame-by-frame view.
If you are happy with the results of the entire video, you can mark the video status as “Reviewed” by clicking the menu icon in the Actions column and selecting “Move to” > “Reviewed”.
Note: Once a video is marked “Reviewed”, the time that the video was marked as “Reviewed” and the user that marked the video is recorded in our database for auditing purposes.
To un-mark a video as reviewed, you will need to move the status back to “Uploaded”.
Deleting your videos
You will be able to remove files from the Uploaded Items list by clicking the delete icon in the Action column.
Select the file (or files) that you would like to perform bulk actions on by using the checkboxes on the far left column of the Analyze table.
Click the Bulk Actions … button on the top right side of the Analyse table.
There are 3 actions you can perform:
- Export results – detailed below
- Move Job – moves all selected files to the chosen Job
- Set Status – sets the workflow status of all of the selected files to the chosen Status
Exporting your results
To export your results from the platform:
- Select the file (or files) that you would like to export using the checkboxes on the far left column of the Analyze table.
- Click the Bulk Actions … button on the top right side of the Analyse table.
- Under Export As select the option that matches your requirement.
The following are explanations of the export options:
- PDF will export your selected results as a PDF. If you have selected more than one file, they will be exported as a single stitched PDF with all PDF reports in the same file, one after the other.
- PDF(ZIP) will export your selected results as a PDF. If you have selected more than one file, they will be exported as individual PDFs and will download in a zipped folder.
- Defect CSV will export your selected results as a CSV with each row representing results from each single, unique defect that has been identified in the respective asset CCTV video.
- Asset CSV will export your selected results as a CSV with each row representing results from each single, unique asset CCTV video.
- Links CSV will export a simplified version of the Asset CSV but including links to download the PDF report and video file for each asset.
- XML will export your selected results as an XML file, targeted to meet the UK XML requirements.
4. The results file will automatically start downloading to your computer. If a large amount of data is exported, this may result in an email being sent to you with a link to download the requested export file.
Note that if you are downloading a large amount this may take some time.